Double Tap 2 Wake or Double Tap to Sleep as its name suggest is a feature used to put the mobile device on sleep mode or recover back from sleep mode to normal mode by just tapping twice onto the screen. It is an important feature developed on android & also its quiet amazing too. With the help of this feature users can control their smartphones from battery draining due to “Screen on Time” also called SOT by just tapping on their screen.
Double Tap to wake/sleep is one of the best features in the custom ROM right now. If you want to enjoy this feature on your custom ROM then you can head over to “Settings & Display” and turn on this feature. If you have the stock ROM then you can’t turn it on your device. Today i’m going to tell you the way you can easily enable double tap to sleep on any Android device.
There are a lot of application available on play store which allows you to enable double tap to sleep feature but all of the application requires root, and some of the applications are not working well on many devices.
If you have a stock ROM on your device and afraid of rooting your device and enjoy the double tap to sleep feature then you can download an application called as easy lock which helps the users to lock their device by double tapping on the status bar of your device or your lock screen.
Also Read: How To Install Arise Fx On Your Android Device
Easy Lock is developed by an XDA Senior Member Aravind Sagar.
The best part about this application is that it is ad-free, and there is an in-app purchase, but the app was removed from play store. You can enjoy this application on your device.
Enable Double Tap to Wake/Sleep on Any Android Device (No Root)
Android is best when it comes to the shortcuts. If you have issues in reaching the power button or your power button to lock your device every time, then you can install the easy lock application on your device.
There are many settings in the application such as it allows the users to select the double tap time. If you accidentally touch, then it won’t lock your device.
Easy Lock has the feature to lock your device if you double tap on Status Bar, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, and notification shade which will allow you to put your device to sleep quickly.
There is some permission required you need to start before using the application on your device. You need Admin permission, Draw over other apps, App usage statistic. You need to enable this option on your device.
Also Read: How To Install & Enable Google Assistant on iPhone
How to Enable Double Tap to Sleep on Any Android Device
- Download the Easy Lock application from the link given below: ( Red box button )
- Install the application, and you might get an unknown source warning. Click on “Settings“.
- Scroll down and enable the unknown sources and try installing the application again.
- Open it, and you will find that application needs Admin access to work. Click on “Activate“.
- Now, you need to enable the draw over other apps settings so click on “OK.”
- Allow the access to draw over other apps, and that’s it!
- Turn on the application and then enable double tap anywhere to lock.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed the application on your device. Click on the status bar twice, and you will see your device will be locked.
- You can change the settings of the application according to your choice. If you want you can also hide the notification of the application. Make sure that you don’t force close the Easy App Lock.
This was the article on Lawncher for Android. I hope you’ll like this article. If you need any extra help completing this guide, then you should tell me in comments. If installation fails, then the only thing that you need to do is to try and repeat the whole tutorial more than once.
Also Read: Why Your Smartphone Heats up? Here’s a Quick Reference.
Thankyou for visiting Droidadda. For fast access to our service Bookmark & Subscribe us now. Share this article with your friends and show how they can customize WhatsApp. If any issues then feel free to comment below. Peace out.