3 Most Important Proceedure of Rooting?
1. Unlocking Bootloader: If you want to start rooting your device then the most important is unlocking the bootloader. If you unlock the bootloader, it will allow you to root your device and also flash the custom ROM. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device.
2. Install TWRP Recovery: If you want to flash anything such as custom ROM or root your device, then TWRP recovery is the most important. If you want to root your device with the help of magisk, then you can do so with the support of TWRP recovery.
3. Rooting: If you have root then you can install any application on your device which requires root. You can easily uninstall the system application. If you want to proceed to root your device then the most important is TWRP recovery.
If you are done with these three important files and command, then you can easily root your Android device.
- OnePlus 5
- OnePlus 5 master files with ADB drivers and TWRP custom recovery.
- Windows, Linux, Mac computer.
- ADB and Fastboot installed.
- USB Data cable.
- Developer option enabled.
How to Root Your OnePlus 5 and Install TWRP Recovery
I have already mentioned above that the unlocking bootloader is the most important step to begin with rooting if you won’t enable the OEM unlocking then it is of no use. Let’s see the way to enable it.
- Go to “Settings & About” now there you will see an option of ‘Build Number’ tap on that option 5 times and now the developer option is enabled.
- Go back and click on the “Developer Option.” Now, toggle on “OEM Unlocking” and “USB Debugging.“
- If you have done this, then you need to boot your OnePlus 5 into fastboot mode .
- Power off your device and wait till it gets completely shut down.
- Press the “Power Key + Volume up Key” for around 10 seconds, and you will see the fastboot screen, and there will be text ‘Fastboot.’
Now, you that have entered in the fastboot mode, so you need the Minimal ADB drivers then make sure you have all the ADB files on your PC and then move to the next step.
- Connect your device to the PC and move to the next step.
- Open the ADB drivers folder and press the “Shift button + Mouse right click” and then click on Open Command Window here.
- Then type the below command to check if everything is working fine.
- Now, this command will show the serial number of your device. If it shows the serial device correctly, then you have properly installed the files on your device.
- If you want to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5, then type the below command.
- Your bootloader will be unlocked now.
- Download the TWRP recovery for your device we have added all the necessary files in the OnePlus5 master.zip file.
- In the command window type the below command.
- That’s it! Now, boot your device into the twrp recovery by entering the below command.
- The next step it will ask you to allow the modification of the system files. Just swipe the slider and click on never show this screen on boot.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the TWRP recovery on your device and its time to root your device.
- Download the SuperSU on your device and move the files to your internal storage.
- Boot your device into the recovery mode and click on the “Install” button and then search for the SuperSU zip file.
- Click on file and move the slider and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the SuperSU on your device.
- Reboot your device, and you will the SuperSU installed on your device.
I hope you understand and if you have any issues in rooting or following this guide feel free to comment below. Share this article with your friends who are having the OnePlus 5, and I hope they will love this guide. You can now install the custom ROM on your device.
Thank you for visiting Droidadda and keep visiting for more tips and tricks like this, and I will meet you in the next one.