Today, we use computer almost in every field. Computer is also combination and hardware and software. Most basic software that is necessary to run a computer is operating system. Mostly people use Microsoft Windows operating system. Windows is rather a powerful GUI based operating system which is easy to operate. We can install different application software’s on windows according to our need including MS office, Adobe reader, music players, games and notepad. As we can use notepad for multiple task like coding editor, dairy and etc for more you need to check all notepad tips and tricks. But an average users who have basic knowledge of computer don’t know all options of windows. Some task in Windows is very difficult like get IP address of a system, resolve Domain name to IP address, know active internet connection etc. But in DOS operating system, with the help one command we can do these task. Dos is the first command based Microsoft operating system. We can do many task in an easy way with the help of Dos but we only need to know about these commands. If you do not know about these command then this article is for you. In this article we provide you a list of best CMD tricks and hacks.
List of Best CMD Tricks
1. Creating Con Or Non Deletable Folder With CMD.
In Windows you can not create a folder with name con or can not rename a folder to con. This is because it is a variable name used by Windows programming. Other variable name includes lp1, lpt2, lpt3 up to lpt9, aux. So Windows can not allow you to make a folder with this name. But with the help of dos command we can create a folder with such name. So here how to implement this amazing cmd trick.
- Press Windows button and run CMD as administrator.
- Type the command with this syntax “drive name: “. This command allow you to enter in the drive in which you want to create a folder. For example d: and press enter.
- Now enter the following command.
- After that your folder is created in specified drive.
Deleting con Folder.
2. Shut Down Computer With Commands.
Best in all other cmd tricks and hacks. You can also shut down your computer by using command prompt. Type the following command in command prompt.
- For Shut Down
- For Restarting
- For Logoff
3. Shutdown Computer In Specified Time With CMD.
4. Print Message Before Shut Down.
We can replace my message with our message we want to display.
5. Assoc CMD Command.
This command provide you a list of programs and their associated files.
6. Hide A Folder With CMD Command.
We can play some interesting tricks with command prompt. Hiding a folder is one of them. By hiding a folder you can also save your data from other users. You can do this by typing the following command.
Also Read: Windows Repair v3.9.17 Pro Portable is Here!
Unhide The Folder.
7. IP Related CMD Command.
- To view Subnet Mask and IP Address use.
- To view TCP/IP related Information use.
- To view DNS cache use.
- To delete the local cache of DNS use.
8. Net Related Commands.
- net stop server ( when the server is currently not running any service).
- net start server (when the server is being starting a service).
- net start (This command is used to check the services that are currently running).
- For connecting to shared network devices use the following command:
- net use m:sharedservername (for connecting to share network drives).
- net use m:sharedservername/delete (for disconnecting to share network drives).
9. Netstat CMD Command.
- -a (display all connection).
- -n (sorts connection in numerical order).
- -b (display executable name. that is browser name).
10. Nslookup CMD Command.
11. Get a List Of PC Drivers.
12. Command Prompt Color Change.
We have seen Command Prompt with a black screen and white font since forever. Because it is the default theme. What most users do not know is that colors in command prompt can be easily changed. So here most wanted in all CMD tricks. To do so, right-click at the top corners of Command Prompt, then select “Properties” from the menu. In the properties, click on “Colors” tab and you will find all the options to change color of both text and background.
13. Star Wars IV Trick.
14. Create Your Own WiFi Hotspot.
Due to android phones, we are used to using Wifi hotspots. therefore , we can create a Wifi hotspot using our laptop or PC with this simple CMD trick. You can rather use this trick to share your wireless dongle internet connection with other devices.
Enter the following command to enable Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Then, to start Hotspot, enter :
As well as to stop hotspot, enter :
Watch YouTube Videos On CMD Tricks
Also Read These Stories:
In conclusion, these are some best cmd tricks and hacks. We hope you like them all and find them working. In case you still face any problem or you know cmd tricks which are missing let us know and we will update it. For more related articles in future please subscribe us now !