Hi fellas, as we all know there are so many custom recoveries available for android devices. Like CTR, Twrp, Philz, CWM, and COT. These all are custom based recoveries for android. And most of them are based on CWM recovery which stands for ClockworkMod.
- Compiling Recovery from source
- Porting Recovery to your device (which is explained in this post)
- Auto Port using Recovery Porting Tools (which does not work now)
How to port? Full Instructions given below:
- Make sure you have your stock recovery.
- Now download Carliv Image Kitchen from here
- Extract this tool in one folder.
- Put the images [carliv and stock] in recovery-resources folder of extracted carliv recovery.
- Now follow the on screen process and extract/unpack stock recovery
- Now open the folder of stock recovery folder and open ramdisk folder.
- Copy these files from stock to carliv/other recovery:
- Open etc folder and copy recovery.fstab file too from stock to carliv/other recovery.
- Now go back and copy these files from stock to carliv/other recovery.:
- Now open Carliv.bat file again and Repack the Carliv/other recovery.
- You’re done! Now try flashing!
For more detailed instructions watch this video
If you like this article then please rate it and give your valuable comments down. So that i can serve you better in future.