Stable Funtouch OS For MT6582 Devices
Note: Rooting your phone and using custom Roms have risks, You may brick your Device if instructions not properly followed .I will not be responsible for any brick devices , It is always advisable to make a backup of your phone before proceeding ….Blah blah ……blah !!!!!
- Smooth and Good looking
- New UI with new features
- Smooth Touch
- Battery Saver
- Good Camera UI with beauty and other features
- Chinese and English Language only.
- All Bloatware removed
- Music Player and Sound improved
- Zip Aligned
- Init.d support
- And much more…
Not found 😜
- Download Rom and copy to Sd card
- Reboot into TWRP Recovery
- Go to Wipe Option in TWRP
- Go to Advanced Format option
- Choose cache ,Data ,System and Dalvik cache partition and swipe for Formatting.
- Flash ROM = wait until finish
- First time boot after flashing takes time. Please be Patienced.
Note: Please Do NOT Auto Update .Vivo Will try to push update for its Vivo Phone thinking that it is Vivo MT6582 device . This may Brick your device
Note: It was very hard for me to boot this Rom on MT6582 device. It wont boot in some devices so please dont blame me. You have to put an extra effor to boot this Rom.
- Use this post only with the MT6582 devices.
- Do not use this post for any other different Android devices.
- For the ‘how-to’ guide to be completed successfully you will need to have a rooted device and a custom ROM has to be installed on it.
- The installed custom Recovery has to be TWRP Recovery. No other different Custom Recovery works with the Funtouch OS Android 4.4.2 ROM installation.
- Make sure that the installed TWRP build is the latest one, so that it will support the new Android 6.0.1 custom ROM installations.
- In the ‘how-to’ part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
- The NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new custom ROM doesn’t work with your phone.
- The Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition, but it won’t delete any data files from the internal storage.
- Factory Resetting the device means that the old custom ROM will be removed completely for the new Dark-Kat Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM to boot successfully.
- In case you have to save any data from installed applications, then you should use the Helium app.
- Use the tutorial only if you are an advanced user. We cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- Read the entire tutorial first and make sure that you won’t be skipping any steps.
- Check the battery charge level of your device and make sure that it is over 50%, as it will prevent the phone from switching off during installation.
- Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to Update Your MT6582 Device to Android 6.0.1 using Team Dark-Kat Marshmallow ROM:
- Download the Funtouch os Rom from link below
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.2 Rom from here. link below.
- Transfer both zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
- After the files are copied you can disconnect the phone from PC.
- Do not unzip the files.
- Power off your phone.
- Now boot it in TWRP Recovery Mode.
- First thing that you have to do using the Recovery Options is to create the NANDROID Backup of the already installed ROM:
- Select the ‘backup’ options.
- Set a name for this file and confirm process.
- Start the ‘factory reset’ process:
- Select ‘wipe’ option and confirm.
- Now you can begin the Funtouch Rom installation:
- Select ‘install’ and find the Custom Rom zip file and load it.
- Confirm the flashing process and wait until the Custom Rom is done installing.
- Install the Gapps zip using the same steps above after the Rom is flashed.
- When all files are done installing you can reboot your smartphone in normal mode.
Device: Generic Mediatek MT6582
And You All 😅
Note: The installation process of this new ROM is going to take a while. Also, the first boot process should take at least 10 minutes before it loads all the new files.