Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Supported Devices, the License under which we live by, our ChangeLog, and the Team Dark-Kat team.
Disclaimer: Dark-Kat is considered a “Work in Progress” project. While we make every attempt to provide stable and reliable custom Android operating systems, we can not guarantee that everything will work as expected.
The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or information.
Team Dark-Kat presents ROMs that meet three critical conditions:
It’s a ROM we want to run
Stable and Reliable
AOSP feel and User-Customization together in harmony
ChangeLog (Dark-Kat-M RELEASE build R79)
- Upstreamed to r79
- Feb 2017 Security Patch
- Added Full FFMPEG Support for SW decoding
- Fixed Camera and Video Rec
- Improved Battery Backup
- Improved Performance
- Fixed all UI lags
- Added Stock Power Profiles
- Fixed HW Key BackLights
OCT OS M R79 Changelogs
- Camera + Video Reacording Working Perfectly
- No Need to reboot for apps to apear in app drawer
- Hotspot Fixed
- BT Fixed
- FM fixed
- GPS fixed
- Data working
- 1080p playback in gallery fixed
- Youtube 720p fixed
- Youtube live playback fixed
- Gello browser added
- No Sim fixed
- No Network drop found
- USSD Fixed
- Autorotation Fixed
- All sensors working
- After Reboot QuickSetiings Too
- Rest Are As CM13
- Too many features
- 2G/3G Switch
- VPN (Partially)
- Use this post only with the MT6582 devices.
- Do not use this post for any other different Android devices.
- For the ‘how-to’ guide to be completed successfully you will need to have a rooted device and a custom ROM has to be installed on it.
- The installed custom Recovery has to be TWRP Recovery. No other different Custom Recovery works with the Dark-Kat Android 6.0.1 ROM installation.
- Make sure that the installed TWRP build is the latest one, so that it will support the new Android 6.0.1 custom ROM installations.
- In the ‘how-to’ part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
- The NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new custom ROM doesn’t work with your phone.
- The Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition, but it won’t delete any data files from the internal storage.
- Factory Resetting the device means that the old custom ROM will be removed completely for the new Dark-Kat Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM to boot successfully.
- In case you have to save any data from installed applications, then you should use the Helium app.
- Use the tutorial only if you are an advanced user. We cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- Read the entire tutorial first and make sure that you won’t be skipping any steps.
- Check the battery charge level of your device and make sure that it is over 50%, as it will prevent the phone from switching off during installation.
- Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to Update Your MT6582 Device to Android 6.0.1 using Team Dark-Kat Marshmallow ROM:
- Download the Dark-Kat-MM R79 ROM from link below
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here. link below.
- Transfer both zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
- After the files are copied you can disconnect the phone from PC.
- Do not unzip the files.
- Power off your phone.
- Now boot it in TWRP Recovery Mode.
- First thing that you have to do using the Recovery Options is to create the NANDROID Backup of the already installed ROM:
- Select the ‘backup’ options.
- Set a name for this file and confirm process.
- Start the ‘factory reset’ process:
- Select ‘wipe’ option and confirm.
- Now you can begin the Team Dark-Kat Android 6.0.1 ROM installation:
- Select ‘install’ and find the Custom ROM zip file and load it.
- Confirm the flashing process and wait until the custom ROM is done installing.
- Install the Gapps zip using the same steps above after the ROM is flashed.
- When all files are done installing you can reboot your smartphone in normal mode.
Note: Flash framework fix just after the Rom.
Note: The installation process of this new ROM is going to take a while. Also, the first boot process should take at least 10 minutes before it loads all the new files.
via Blogger http://www.droidadda.org/2017/03/dark-kat-m-601-rom-for-mt6582-devices.html https://mtkdr0id.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/8894b-galaxy-note-2-n7100-gets-android-4-4-4-kitkat-via-liquidsmooth-rom.jpg?w=300