Team Win Recovery Project 3.1.x, or TWRP3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
TWRP is an open source, community project. It is one of the the leading custom recovery for many android phones. The stable recovery list for MT6582 had been updated with TWRP.
TWRP 3.1.0 For MT6582
Whats New in this version ?
TWRP v3.1.0 will Bring Support for Backing up Directly to your PC
Also View: Twrp 3.0.3 For Micromax A106 & MT6582
Update: we have learned more details about this upcoming feature. While TWRP will support backing up via ADB, it will not be initiated from the TWRP GUI, but through your PC. However, the exact syntax used in this case will differ than the AOSP implementation. We suspect that doing this via TWRP will allow for any application to be backed up, even if that application is not normally able to be backed up via the standard ADB backup function.
Also View: Twrp 188.8.131.52 For Tecno W4 [MT6582]
TWRP App Update
CHANGELOG for 3.1.0:
- Will be released soon….
CHANGELOG for 3.0.3-0:
- Fix Mounting bugs
- Fixed some flasing issues (which occurs during flashing any archives)
CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:
- Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
- Add Greek translation to some builds.
CHANGELOG for 3.0.1-0:
- Support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
- Fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
- Libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
- Fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
- TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
- Translation updates – added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
- Progress bar improvements – progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
- Fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
- Reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
- Other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements
CHANGELOG for 3.0.0-0:
- Completely new theme – Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
- True Terminal Emulator – Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by that)
- Language translation – It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
- Flashing of sparse images – On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
- Adopted storage support for select devices – TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP – includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
- Update AOSP base to 6.0
- A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks
- Install Zip(from SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data, Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot option
- Completely Material Themed
Other advanced options such as:
True Terminal Emulator,
Partition SD Card
Before you move further, Thank the developers who made all these possible! Without them, TWRP v3 would not be here. Hit thanks button in their XDA post OVER HERE and show some respect 🙂
If you already have a recovery installed:
- Long Press Power off button on your device. (Only on Custom Rom)
- If your device doesn’t have this option then enter recovery mode manually by pressing “Vol-up” & “Power Button” Simultaneously.
- Select Recovery
- Now Your device will boot into recovery mode.
- You’re Done!
If you don’t have a custom recovery:
Step 1: Installing using Terminal Emulator
Open terminal emulator and type the following commands one by one:
Connect the phone to PC with USB and turn on USB Debugging.
Then enter the following command via adb:
Step 3: Install using Mobile Uncle tools app:
GM 5 + (3.18.x)
Important Notes for Twrp Themers:
In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.
MUST READ: How To Backup Twrp Using ADB on PC
Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 184.108.40.206. After a while, some people would start asking where 220.127.116.11 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.
We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance! Now we can also flash aroma zips in recovery!
TWRP Team , Dees Troy , Omni , LPAD , TeamWin , DroidPeepz_Inc , Swiss Carter , Ahmed Rahmy